Oracle Groundbreakers Yatra 2019
28th July 2019
All India Oracle User Group (AIOUG) organized the event, Oracle Groundbreakers Yatra 2019 in 10 major IT hub cities across India from 13th July to 28th July 2019. In this series students of CSE and CSIT Department, Dronacharya Group of Institutions got the opportunity to be a part of this yatra at the Gurugram Session on July 28th 2019. The students were accompanied by Asst. Prof. Rajat Kumar.
The sessions at the event were organized and conducted by :
Mr. Sai Penumuru - Oracle ACE Director.
Douglas Hood - Oracle TimesTen Cloud Product Manager.
Sandesh Rao - Vice President, AIOps, Autonomo us Database – Oracle USA.
Mr. Penumuru started the welcome session by introducing the purpose of Oracle Groundbreakers Yatra. He said that India is a primary hub for information technology and a station for most software development centres and support centres for Oracle applications. Oracle community in India comprises of over 400000 users. In a large country like India, such user concentration is not in one location or one IT park but spread across its length and breadth. The Yatra (Tour) is to travel across the country covering ten major IT focused cities and to bring the Oracle community together, giving them awareness and improve the level of knowledge and increase the networking opportunities in the region.
After the welcome session, several technical sessions were organized simultaneously which included :
- Harness the power of Oracle Autonomous Database
- Thrive with Microservices Using DevOps in Oracle Cloud
- Introduction to Machine Learning – From DBA's to Data Scientists
- Troubleshooting tips and tricks for Database 19c
- The Machine Learning behind Autonomous Database
- Replacing Cassandra, Couchbase and MongoDB with a SQL RDBMS for better performance
- Using Docker/Kubernetes for PROD rather than TEST/DEV databases
- Need a simple developers DB with NoSQL, SQL, JSON and HA?
The participants had the opportunity not only to know about the latest technologies developed by Oracle but also to interact with international speakers and Oracle Technocrats.