Campus Placement is the main concern in the mind of thestudent who joins a professional course like Engineering, Management. So aspirants look for colleges that have a magnificent reputation along with a best placement.
Companies during campus placement not only seek for students with just an excellent academic record but also look for candidates who they suppose would be a best fit in their organization.As the campus placement drive is in burning, students brush up on their skills and prepare for written tests, group discussions and interviews.
“The first steps towards your career depend on how you carry yourself during the campus placement”.
Preparing for campus placement requires determination and continuous analysis of performance. Student can work on their weaknesses and boost their strengths. As they begin, preparing for the placements, several queries strike their mind. Here are answers to some of the most important questions that it might help you prepare.
Start your preparation work in following manner:
- Back to Roots: Your knowledge of engineering topics, that you have studied for last 2-3 years, is the important thing in your selection process so don’t try to ignore this. You must have clear knowledge of your subjects else your efforts will go waste. Don’t mug up, just revise the basics concepts of subjects for yourself.
- Aptitude Tests:This is the elimination round for most of the companies. Most of the students concern about the aptitude test. Aptitude test is not difficult to crack if student is consistent in practice. Practice previous placement paper. A week or two is not enough to master the aptitude skill. At least a month is the minimum needed time.
- Communication Skills: We usually do not pay attention towards communication skills. Indian job market demand people who have good communication skills. It’s time to focus on this that will help you in your entire career. Many students unnecessarily get rejected because they can’t communicate or express themselves. Need to sharpen your English speaking and writing skills.
- Group Discussion: Few basic qualities like communication skills, knowledge about current affairs/ Technical knowledge and ability to generate ideas and how they would react in a given situation over their convictions in a problem-solving mode are points which interviewers observe during the group discussion.
In Campus recruitments, Group Discussions usually preceded by Aptitude test and followed by Technical/ Personal interview.
- Technical Interview: Technical interview is not a problem for the students who are good at engineering topics. Develop good knowledge of favorite engineering subject or topic. Prepare at least two subjects thoroughly.
- HR Interview: You have to convince the HR personnel, that you’re the best fit for the role at hand. So Research about the company, it’s market, products and close competitors, as well as the general domain in which it exists.
Preparing for common HR interview questions
- Tell me about yourself.
- Why should we hire you?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- Why do you want to work at our company?
- What are your goals?
- Give me an example of your creativity.
- Describe your ideal company, location and job.
- Where do you see yourself five years from now?
Follow these tips throughout your interview process:
- Do not be late for your interview round.
- Make a good resume to present yourself briefly
- Research about the company and your interviewers.
- Do try to not mumble/bluff through your interview.
- Develop Good Technical Knowledge of Your Subject.
- Preparation for the Written Round.
- Build Your Skills Showcase Portfolio.
- Work on communication skill.
- Be prepared with examples of your work.
- Aware of the latest technology know-how, where the industry in heading and how your academic subject apply in real-life business
- Using the STAR method in answering questions. STAR stands for Situation, Task, Action, Result
- Good manner, right body language and formal dress code.
- Meet the interviewers cordially. Wear a smile on your face reflects a charming personality.
With that, we would like to bring the post to a close. If you have enjoyed reading the blog and found some benefit from it, do let us know in the comment box below. Now it’s time to prepare.
“Don’t be afraid of moving forward. The future is bright”….