Engineering is among one of the most preferred career option for the students after 12th standard.
Some of the disciplines of Engineering in B.Tech / B.E courses are:
- Computer Science Engineering
- Information Technology
- Computer Science & Information Technology
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electronics and Computer Engineering
Admission in Top Engineering colleges are done through various qualifying entrance examinations like national level JEE Mains, JEE Advanced and state level examinations like UPSEE, COMEDK, WBJEE, KEAM and many more.
But it can be seen that many students fails to crack qualifying entrance examinations, thus failing to get chance to be part of counseling to seek admissions in one of the Top Engineering Colleges.
Direct Admission in Engineering Colleges in Delhi – NCR
Most of the private engineering colleges/institutions in Delhi NCRalso provide direct admissions to the engineering aspirants. Students have to fulfill the eligibility criteria before applying admission in these colleges
Basic Academic Qualifications for B.E./B.Tech.:
Eligibility criteria for direct admission in B.Tech is almost same in most of the institutions and the basic academic qualification required to join B.Tech course in India is as follows –
- Student must pass Class 12 with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry as the compulsorysubjects from recognized Board/University
- Students must score at least 45% of marks in Class 12 to be eligible for admissions in private engineering colleges. There is 5% relaxation in minimum qualifying marks for the students belonging to reserved categories.
Direct Admission to B.Tech (Lateral Entry)
- Students of Diploma in Engineering and Technology and B.Sc students with mathematics as subjects in class 12 are eligible for B.Tech Lateral Entry.
- Students seeking admission in B.Tech Lateral Entry get admission to 2nd year (3rd semester) of particular engineering discipline.
- Students having 45% marks (For reserved category 40% marks) in Diploma or B.Sc are eligible for the B.Tech Lateral Entry admission.