Web Development is one of the most rising careers. Web Development is on the forefront of the digital era.
A story of a present day work schedule of a common man:
- Use of Alexa for wake up alarm.
- Book cab to get a ride to work.
- Using Slack to message their team.
- Use of Paytm, GooglePay to buy coffee
- Maintain a to-do list on Docs, Sheets, Excel etc.
- Order lunch through Swiggy, Zomato, etc.
- Chat with remote employees via Google Hangouts.
- Online Shopping on Amazon, Flipkart etc.
- Planning vacation through Goibibo Makemytrip etc .
- Take a cab to return back home.
- Order dinner through Fresh Menu, Swiggy Zomato,
- Load up Amazon Prime, Netflix and watch TV before heading to bed.
10 years back, you would have performed these tasks in different manner and some may even not be possible to execute. Can you guess who made these changes?
Web Developers for the first time made interaction possible. With the initialization of internet, web developers made it possible for companies to provide their services to a larger mass and make it more accessible to the population.
Web Developer Skills & Responsibilities:
- Should know one or more server-side programming languages like Java, .Net and PHP
- Can test web apps and web pages in many browsers, e.g., Internet Explorer , Chrome, FireFox
- Develop websites using search engine optimization (SEO) that rank high in Google, Bing, etc.
- Develop websites that interact with popular database systems like SQL Server, MySQL & Oracle.
- Can control efficiently the style of multiple pages in site by implementing Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
- For planning of layout, functionality and navigation of new web development projects they use wireframes.
- Troubleshoot websites and optimize performance.
- Certain web developers are also responsible for designing a website’s graphics and multimedia elements.
Trending career paths
- Front End Developer:Front End Developers are primarily involved in creating the user experience of the website. They handled the features showcased on the websites and work with enhancing on user experience on the websites.
- Back End Developer: Back End Developer handles the brain and logic of the website or the software. They interpreted, analyse User query and then sent back to front end for representation. Back End Developers handles Data Representation and Data Molding.
- Mean Stack Developer / Full Stack Developer: Mean Stack Developer is a combination of Front End Developer and Back End Developer. There has been an increase in the Demand for Full stack developers is increasing as they are more skilled and have a better understanding in terms functioning of the software.
Scope of web developer in different industries:
- Software Industry
- Healthcare Industry
- Entertainment Industry
- Manufacturing Industry
- Advertisement Agency
- Banking Industry
- Insurance Field etc.
Web developers are at the forefront of the Internet age. The websites we browse, the news we peruse online, the gifts we order are all made possible by the web developers who design, build and implement Internet websites. They are involved in website creation from helping design aesthetic properties such as colour and layout to technical considerations such as how to design a website to handle a given amount of Internet traffic.
As there’s a swift development from offline to online field, there has been a boundless boom in jobs and demand of web developers. Those who have the ability to manage projects develop software, and problem-solving skills, can join the IT sector. Choose Best Engineering College in Delhi NCR. to have a platform that gives a strong foundation to have a successful career as Web Developer.