In a broad sense, Electronics and Communication refers to the sending, receiving and processing of information by electronic means. It is the discipline of engineering which utilizes active electrical and non-linear component to design electronic devices, circuits and Microprocessors.
The magnificence of Electronics and Communication lies in its ubiquity! Electronic devices have become a major part of our lives. With technological evolution, Electronics and Communication has become an important discipline required by every other industry. Now the significance of Electronics and Communication discipline is determined all around the world.
Development of Electronics and Communication Engineering has been the major driving force for the present day Information Technology revolution. With the advancements in optical fiber technology, microelectronics and satellite digital and analog in communication techniques have resulted in developing electronics devices, complex circuits and equipment’s capable of implementing efficient and fast telecommunication systems. Recent advancements in broad band technologies have made possible real time transfer of audio and video signals. Penetration of electronics has now revolutionized other areas like instrumentation, health care, automation, signal processing, remote sensing etc.
Different analog and digital modulation techniques used for communication, equipment’s and systems involved in wireless communications, computer communication, design and development of microelectronic circuits for computation and processing satellite and optical communication technologies, and networking, components and systems for electronic instrumentation and control etc form major content of the course.
The course also covers the study of programming skills and application of computers in signal processing and communication, hardware and interfacing of computer systems. Graduates in Electronics and Communication Engineering have opportunities in private and Government companies for installation, operation and maintenance of electronics equipment’s and systems.
Space defense and many different research organizations employ EC engineers in design and development of complex devices and systems for signal processing and telecommunication. Industries involved in integrated circuits, electronic equipment’s embedded systems, design and fabrication of devices, etc have also provide large scale placements for ECE specialization engineers .
The installation and maintenance of electronic equipment’s used for automation systems of assembly line in production industries, equipment’s & systems for instrumentation and control in process industries, health care in hospitals are handled by Electronics Engineers.
Knowledge of networking equipment’s computer hardware and communication systems enable electronics & communication engineering graduate to annexes an edge in the IT job market. The understanding and skills developed in the course enable ECE students to be preferred, as software professionals by IT companies also.
FAQs Scope of Electronics And Communication Engineering
Why to choose Electronics and Communication Engineering?
– In this dynamic world where Internet of Things (IoT), Robotics and embedded systems are highly dependent on knowledge of ECE, it will not be wrong to say that Electronics and Communication Engineering is most emerging stream of engineering. The ECE branch offers the opportunity to redesign the world and make it even more efficient and sustainable.
What is the scope of ECE?
– Opportunities will knock the doors of ECE aspirants since the launch of “Make in India” campaign by PM Modi has opened plethora of jobs.
There are numerous opportunities to build a carrier after getting degree in ECE. An individual can make his/her carrier in IT industry, defense, telecommunications, electronics and hardware manufacturing, embedded systems development, software development, power sector, TV and music industry, automobiles, space communications, home appliances development, electronic security systems, mobile phones testing and development, communication protocols development, optical communications development among others.
What are the salary packages for an ECE engineer as fresher?
– Electronics and Communication Engineering is the leading edge of the world in present time and the wave of future. Although the salary package of an engineer depends on his skills but on an average, it ranges from 4-5 LPA. The emerging dynamics have made it crystal clear that the possibilities for the future developments are expected to be even greater than they have been in the past for ECE pass outs.
Which is the best college for ECE?
– The best college for ECE will diligently be involved in training students and preparing them for future head. Understanding the new changing scenario Dronacharya Group of Institutions, Greater Noida is the best college for studying ECE as it allows undergraduates to get through academic learning, hand on experience and leadership development. The curriculum of the course is designed in such a manner that constructive education can be provided.
Which is better ECE or CSE?
– CSE is all about computer programming languages and coding. The job opportunities in CSE are limited whereas Electronics and communication engineering is considered as “EVERGREEN” branch of engineering which never let down its aspirants. The changing dynamics of world and “Make in India” campaign started by Indian govt. have increased the job opportunities both in public and private sector. Offering the most secured job packages ECE is the primary choice of all the engineering aspirants.