A Technical Project Competition "TECHNOBLAST - 2016"
8th - 9th April 2016
Dronacharya Group of Institutions, Greater Noida organized National level project competition Technoblast - 2016 on 8th - 9th April 2016. The theme of the competition was "Energizing Technologies" for social welfare. The Chief Guest for the function was Mr. S. K. Lalwani, Project Director, Consultancy Development Centre, Ministry of Science and Technology. The guests of honor were:
1. Dr. Subhasish Maji - Director, School of Engineering, IGNOU
2. Mr. B. R. Bhati - Chairman, IIA, Greater Noida
3. Prof. Sudhir Atreya - Chief Design Engineer, IIT Delhi
4. Dr. B. M. K. Prasad - Director, DCE, Gurgaon
The aim of 'Technoblast' was to embolden student creativity and innovation. Students from various colleges participated in the competition and displayed their projects in the exhibition. The projects were evaluated by a team of professionals. Different teams were supposed to compete in one of the five categories: Energy, Digital India, Women Empowerment, Health Social Cause.
The dignitaries and sponsors were welcomed by Director, Prof. (Dr.) S. K. Bagga. He also complimented the students for the efforts put in towards the project competition. Chief Guest Mr. S. K. Lalwani delivered a motivating address and exhorted the students to become entrepreneurs by being innovative and practical oriented. He gave the concept of Invention to Innovation and explained Boston Consultancy Groups Smart Simplicity.
At 'Technoblast' the students were supposed to exhibit their project at the college campus where it was reviewed by respectable authorities of the college, faculty members, and students. The projects were judged the next day by the honorable judging panel mentioned below:
1. Dr. R. N. Sharma - Former Director NIT, Srinagar
2. Dr. R. Radhakrishnan - President COIN
3. Dr. Gopal Sinha - Former Director, CSIR
4. Dr. H. S. Dua - Retd. GP CAPT
5. Dr. K. Tamil Mannan - Associate Prof., School of Engineering & Technology, IGNOU
6. Mr. Ramesh Gupta - Asst. Prof., Shiv Nadar Univ.
7. Mr. Manoj Kumar - Associate Prof., Delhi Technological University
8. Mr. Ashish Kumar - Technical Analyst, NIIT Technologies
9. Dr. Ashish Shrivastava - HOD, EEE, JSS Academy of Engineering
Wg Cdr Prof. TPN Singh, Advisor (R&D) gave a brief on the projects taking part in the competition and the prizes and sponsorship. He highlighted the essence of innovation and impressed upon the students to participate whole heartedly. 45 projects participated in the competition which was shortlisted out of a total of 76 projects received. These projects exhibited the essence of studious technical work performed by the students. They were interdisciplinary in nature and used latest cutting technologies for their efficient outputs. The projects were evaluated for innovativeness, societal value, futuristic scope and commercial viability. After evaluation and scrutiny by the esteemed judges, 10 projects were shortlisted in the first round. These projects were again evaluated by all the judges and finally 08 project selected for the awards.
Dr. Satish Yadav, Chairman, Dronacharya Group of Institutions, Greater Noida addressed the audience and conveyed the need for industry interaction and for the exposure of students to latest technologies. He told direction of the students towards career building is very important and big things happen with small ideas. India is fortunate to have 80% young man power in future shortly as compared to other countries with 20% young force.
Prof. Sudhir Atreya and Dr. Satish Yadav graced the prize distribution ceremony and gave away prize to the winners:
1. First prize of Rs.51,000/-,trophy and certificates to students of DGI, Greater Noida for project, "Smart Gas Booking System with Leakage Detection".
2. Second prize of Rs. 21,000/-, trophy and certificates to students of SSN College, Chennai for project, "Urea Monitor".
3. Third prize of Rs.11,000/-, trophy and certificates to students of Lovely Professional University for project, "Mobile Bionic Assistant System".
4. First consolation prize of Rs.5000/-, trophy and certificates to students of DGI, Greater Noida for project, "Human Power Electricity Generator".
5. Second consolation prize of Rs. 5000/-, trophy and certificates to students of DGI, Greater Noida for project, "Smart Dash Board".
6. Third consolation prize of Rs. 5000/-, trophy and certificate to students of DGI, Greater Noida for project, "Efficient Green Building".
7. Fourth consolation prize of Rs. 5000/-, trophy and certificates to students of DGI, Greater Noida for project, "Smart Weather Station".
8. Fifth consolation prize of Rs. 5000/-, trophy and certificate to students of DGI, Greater Noida for project, "Free Energy Portable Mobile Charger".
In the end Prof. Sudhir Atreya conveyed his deep appreciation for the mega event and expressed his happiness towards quality of projects. He advised the students to be involved in project work as it would allow them to interface with industry easily.