IEI Membership Drive & Interactive Session
7th April, 2017
The Institution of Engineers India (IEI) organized an Interactive Session for its Memberships at Dronacharya Group of Institutions, Greater Noida on 7th April 2017. The objective of the session was to make the students and faculties aware about the benefits and privileges of IEI membership. Students and Faculties from various departments attended the session.
Inaugurating the session, Mr. H. R. P. Yadav, Director - HQ Cell said that The Institution of Engineers is the initiative of the Scientific & Industrial Research Organisation recognized by Govt. Of India. It was established in 1920 and formally inaugurated in 1921. It is the largest Professional Body of Engineers with more than 8 Lacs members. It was granted Royal Charter by His Majesty the King George V of England in 1935. It is a multidisciplinary body encompassing 15 Engineering disciplines / divisions like Computer, Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics & Telecommunication, Civil, Production, Mining etc. It is the first ever Indian body to represent the country in World Mining Congress (WMC), World Federation of Engineering Organizations (WFEO), Commonwealth Engineers’ Council (CEC) and Federation Internationale du Beton (fib). It has Six Overseas Chapters at Abu Dhabi, Bahrain, Dubai, Kuwait, Qatar and Malaysia.
Mr. Yadav focussed on the historical milestones of IEI and explained the eligibility criteria for Corporate and Non- Corporate Membership.
Mr. Yadav highlighted the benefits of having IEI membership, which are:
1. Opportunity to participate in technical events e.g. Seminar, Symposia, Conventions, Workshops etc. organized by various IEI centers at State, National and International Levels.
2. IEI has forged partnership with the globally renowned journal publishing house: SPRINGER. Corporate Members can make free e-access by logging in through www.ieindia.org and can avail the journal hard copies at a concessional rate.
3. Grant of Rs 15,000/- to the author of the best one of the accepted papers to be presented in the Annual Convention/ General Assembly/ Congress organized by the country with which IEI has a MoU / Agreement.
4. Corporate Members are entitled to receive the monthly tabloid ‘IEI NEWS’ and yearly publication ‘TECHNORAMA’ free of cost.
5. Corporate Members employed in Educational Institutes are normally given preference in the disbursement of grant - in - aid of R&D activities.
6. Corporate Members may be empanelled as internal project guide in Section B Examination conducted by IEI as per norms. (Sec A & B exam are treated as equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering for Recruitment/ Promotion in central Government Organization).
7. Corporate Members are entitled to receive Chartered Engineer certificate on payment of requisite fee.
8. Corporate Members may avail the opportunity of staying in the IEI guest houses spread over all important locations in India.
Mr. Deepesh Kumar Srivastava, Executive (Technical) said that many professional bodies have bilateral links with IEIlike IEEE, ASCE, ICE, NOT, KPEA, KIEE, MTESZ, ISTE, JSCE etc.
He encouraged the students to apply for the prizes and awards instituted by IEI, IEI Industry Excellence Award, IEI Young Engineers Award, The Architectural Engineering Division Prize, The Computer Engineering Division Prize, The Corps of Electrical and Mechanical Engineers Prize, The Corps of Engineers Prize, The Dr Rajendra Prasad Memorial Prize, The Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Prize, The Pandit Madan Mohan Malaviya Memorial Prize and other.
Prof. (Dr.) S. K. Bagga, Director DGI, thanked Mr. H. R. P. Yadav and Mr. Deepesh Kumar Srivastava for the informative session. Which helped students and faculties to understand the prerequisites and benefits of IEI membership. He presented a Memento to Mr. Yadav and Mr. Srivastava for the valuable interactive session.