Annual Workshop for faculty of Engineering Colleges and NITTTR Faculty NITTTR, Chandigarh
1st February 2016
National Institute of Technical Teachers Training and Research, Chandigarh conducted a workshop for identifying the training needs of faculty of Engineering Colleges for the year 2016 - 17 on 1st February 2016 at NITTTR Campus, Chandigarh.
National Institute of Technical Teachers Training and Research, Chandigarh, is one of the four national institutes established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, for the growth and development of technical education in the country. This institute conducts annual workshops every year to ascertain the specific needs of its client so as to have a planned approach towards undertaking demand driven faculty / staff development programmes and other activities.
Besides faculty from IGDTUW - New Delhi, Dronacharya College of Engineering - Gurgaon, Dronacharya Group of Institutions, Greater Noida, JCDM College - Sirsa, North Cap University - Gurgaon the workshop was attended by a team of senior faculty from NITTTR, Chandigarh, including :
1. Dr. B.S. Pabla:- Professor & Head, IMCO
2. Dr.U.N.Roy:- Professor and Head, Department of Rural Development
3. Dr.Maitrei Dutta:- Professor & Head, Dept. of ECE
4. Dr. Ramakrishna Challa:- Professor & Head, Dept.of CSE
5. Dr.B.C.Chaudhary:- Professor & Head, Dept.of APS
6. Sh. TN Thukral:- Professor, Education and Educational Management Department
7. Mrs. Garima Saini:- Professor, Dept. of ECE
8. Dr. Poonam Syal:- Professor, Dept. of EE
9. Mr. Amit Doegar:- Assistant Professor, Dept.of CSE
10. Dr. Sukhdeep Singh Dhami:- Professor, Dept.of ME
11. Mr. T N THUKRAL:- Education and Education Management Department
12. Er. (Mrs.) Rama Chhabra:- Associate Professor, IMCO,
13. Dr. Anil Kumar:- Electronics Service Centre
14. Mr. Amardev Singh:- Entrepreneurship Development & Industrial Coordination (EDIC) Department
Mr. Ashwani Kumar attended the meeting on behalf of Dronacharya Group of Institutions, Greater Noida.
Chairing the meeting, Dr. Pabla said that the programmes and activities undertaken by NITTTR, Chandigarh are in the areas of :
1. Staff Development Programmes
2. Curriculum Design and Revision Projects
3. Instructional Material Development (both print and non-print, such as books, manuals, video films, CAI packages etc.)
4. Research and Development Projects
5. Extension Services
6. Consultancy to state government / various agencies / organizations
He said that the faculty development plan is essential for the teachers of every institute to be exposed to state-of-the-art technical education.
Speaking on the occasion, Mr. Anil Kumar said that the colleges can plan for a One week student's Training Programme at NITTTR during which they will be exposed to state or the art labs. He said that the students can also design their circuits at their own college and then come to NITTTR for the testing and fabrication.
Mr. Amardev Singh said that today for the professional, job generation is more important than getting a job. He advised colleges to conduct Entrepreneurship Development Workshops to create awareness amongst their students. He said the if colleges request then NITTTR would provide them with experts who can conduct One Week workshops.
Ms. Garima informed about the new labs which have been set up at the Institute. She urged the colleges to take benefits of those labs.
Dr. U.N. Roy took the members to his lab and showed the wonderful work being done by his students. His idea of using the charcoal kiln in heating the water besides cooking would certainly help families in villages who are using coal/wood/charcoal as a cooking fuel.
Dr. Maitrei Dutta explained the new methodology that she has taken up to teach her students. The instruction board installed in the Electronics Department can be used as a touch screen panel. The presentation can be edited from the board itself. She shared the work being done by her department in the area of robotics.
Concluding the meeting, Dr. Pabla shared the list of suggestive programmes which NITTTR would be conducting through contact as well as ICT mode during the year 2016-17. He urged the colleges to encourage and motivate faculty as well as students to actively participate in those programmes.
Mrs. Rama Chhabra delivered Vote of Thanks. She thanked all the participants and the faculty member of NITTTR for spearing their valuable time to attend the Annual Meeting.