IIRS User Interaction Meet - 2017
23rd February 2017
Indian Institute of Remote Sensing, ISRO, Dehradun (IIRS) organized IIRS User Interaction Meet (IUIM - 2017) with focus on Capacity Building in Governance on February 23, 2017 at Dehradun. Dr. Somnath Sinha attended the Interaction Meet on behalf of Dronacharya Group of Institutions, Greater Noida.
The inauguration session was held in the august presence of:
1. Dr. Sarnam Singh, Convener, IUIM - 2017 & Dean (Academics), IIRS.
2. Dr. A. Senthil Kumar, Director, IIRS & CSSTEAP.
3. Mr. Rajesh Mathur, Advisor, ESRI India Technologies Ltd.
4. Dr. Sudhir Krishna, Former Secretary, Ministry of Urban Development.
5. Dr. S. K. Srivastav, Group Director, GT & OP Group IIRS.
The purpose of IUIM - 2017 was to provide stake holders a platform to communicate and share their experiences in capacity building and recent advances in geospatial technologies. This forum was also used to receive feedback on Training & Education Programmes conducted by IIRS, including Outreach Programme, which would help designing future courses in newer areas relevant to the user community.
Various sessions were held during the day, including:
1. Geospatial Products, Services and Opportunities.
2. IIRS Outreach Program.
3. Demonstrations on Geospatial Products, Services and Instruments.
4. Academia - Industry Partnership for Geospatial Capacity Building: way forward.
The program ended with the vote of thanks given by Dr. Puneet Swaroop, Scientist PPEG - IIRS.