Project & Poster Exhibition
7th Apr 2018
"Innovision-2018", Project Poster Competition was organized at Dronacharya Group of Institutions, Greater Noida on 7th April 2018 where in all branches namely ME, CE, ECE, EEE, CSE, CSIT, IT, ECZ and MBA participated. Project Competition was open for students of IV, VI and VIII sem and Poster Competition for students of II sem and MBA.
The primary aim of the event was to create an eco-system for motivating students towards innovation and creativity. Emphasis was given on interdisciplinary projects leading to technology diffusion.
Following dignitaries graced the occasion as Guests of Honor and Judges.
- Dr. R.Radhakrishnan - Social entrepreneur
- Mr. A.K. Ojha - Asst. Director, MSME, Okhla
- Mr. S.C. Gandhi - Director, Engineering and Infrastructure Consultancy Services.
Dr. Ashish Soti, Director, welcomed the guests and addressed the students on doing creative and innovative projects. Engineers have to be application oriented and for this workmanship and hands on job is of utmost importance. Stress was laid on original thinking for simple systems to be developed for the benefit of social cause and community welfare. Prof. TPN Singh, Advisor (R&D) thanked the dignitaries for their presence despite having busy schedule. Students were advised to prepare themselves for willingness to take risks and have the ability to tolerate ambiguities and uncertainties in their journey towards entrepreneurship. Opportunity recognition was stressed for being successful. He rendered a brief description of the projects and posters on display and exhorted the students to excel in the areas of innovation and creativity.
The evaluation committee consisted of three teams headed by Mr. A.K. Ojha, Dr. R.Radhakrishnan and Mr. S.C. Gandhi. A total of 37 projects and 08 posters were on display by the participants.
The projects and posters were evaluated by the concerned teams in terms of innovativeness, content, societal value, commercial aspect and future scope. Twelve projects were shortlisted out of which four were selected for awards. Prof TPN Singh announced the results which were as follows:
- Smart Security Automation System - First Prize (Dravid Nagi, Pulkit Anand, Piyush Chaudhary, Ameer Hamza) - CSE IV Sem
- Intelligent Shopping Cart - Second Prize (Nikhil Sharma, Muskan Khemka, Vandana) - ECE IV Sem
- Power Generation in Congested Roads & Highways - Third Prize (Naveen Chaturvedi, Sandipan Samanta, Pankaj Jangid) - CE VI Sem
- Intelligent Household Water Storage Tank Filling System - Consolation Prize (Adarsh Kumar) - ME IV Sem
- Subham Kumar (CSE-II)
- Dhanajit (CSE-II)
- Neeraj Kumar Chaudhary (ME-II)
- Somya Das (CSE-II)
All awardees received certificates and medals from the dignitaries. Prof TPN Singh rendered the vote of thanks.