NPTEL SPOC Workshop cum Felicitation
July 15, 2017
National Policy On Technology Enhanced Learning ( NPTEL) workshop cum Felicitation was organized at IIT Madras on 15th July 2017.
The aim of this workshop was to:
- Discuss the Jan - April 2017 course run
- Share new developments in the NOC front
- Explore ways to publicize online certification courses in the respective institutions
- Collect feedback from SPOCs of the previous run
- Bulk Payment vs. individual payment - feedback and experiences
- Exam day -feedback and experiences
- Share best practices for students to learn and perform better in the courses
- Suggestions for selection of courses
Mr. Ashwani Kumar, NPTEL SPOC attended the event on behalf of Dronacharya Group of Institutions, Greater Noida.
The event was organized in the august presence of dignitaries from MHRD and IIT :
- Dr.Malti Narayanan, Dy. Secretary, Dept. of Higher Education
- Dr.Shankar Roy, Sr. Consultant, NMEICT
- Dr.Pradeep Kaul Sr. Consultant, NMEICT
- Dr.David Koilpillai, Dean-Planning IIT Madras
- Professor- Dept. of Electrical Engineering, IIT Madras
- Professor - Dept. of Electrical Engineering, IIT Madras
- - Dept. of Metallurgical Engineering, IIT Madras
- Mr. Ashwani Sharma Country Head, University Relations-Google
- Dr.Vijayan, Mathswork
- Ms. Bharathi Balaji, Sr. Project Officer, NPTEL, IIT Madras
- Ms. Kamala Project Officer, NPTEL, IIT Madras
Dr. Mangala Sunder Krishnan delivered a very motivating speech in honour of Prof. M.S. Anand, the brain behind NPTEL.
Prof. Andrew Thangaraj, gave a brief of the NPTEL accomplishments during Jan - April 2017. He also shared his experience during a conference in Germany where students from Canada thanked him for making the NPTEL videos available to them.
Ms. Bharathi Balaji played a video wherein the NPTEL participants had shared their experiences of taking up NPTEL courses.
Dr. Prathap Haridoss discussed the process on how the minute details are kept in mind while recording the NPTEL videos. He also shared the trend of candidates registration throughout the
Dr. David Koilpillai delivered a very inspiring speech and shared the story of Tenzing Norgay, the first Indian to climb Mt. Everest along with Edmund Hillary, and how he went on to become the first Director of Himalayan Mountaineering Institute.
Prof. Andrew and Ms. Bharthi then gave a brief of courses and other detail for the July – Nov 2017 run NPTEL Courses. They also collected the feedback from the SPOCs.
The event ended with the distribution of Certificates to the high performing colleges in NPTEL.
Dronacharya Group of Institutions, Greater Noida was felicitated by Mrs. Malti Narayanan, Dy. Secy, Higher Education, Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India and Prof. Dr. Prathap Haridoss, IIT Madras for securing "A" Category in NPTEL.
The event video can be viewed @ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IhZTeqN9uY&feature=youtu.be