ENGINEERIA - 2017
21st September, 2017
Round-I of Engineeria 2017 - an International Quiz Competition was organized by the Department of Mechanical Engineering, Dronacharya Group of Institutions, Greater Noida in association with CADD Center on 21st September 2017. 71 Students of Mechanical Engineering Branch participated in the Competition.
The quiz was organized to:
- Test the quizzing skills of the students and to let them compete with their International counterpart.
- Identify an engineering student who is worth enough - not only by engineering books/ degree, but also the richness of information related to his stream and to recognize him/her.
- Test the knowledge, skill and presence of mind of the emerging engineers.
The event started with industry update by Mr. Santosh Kumar - Regional Manager CADD Center. Mr. Kumar highlighted on “What an Employer Expects from a Fresher”. He said that every year, countless students pass out from engineering colleges in India, yet, only about 30% of the engineering graduates get jobs while the rest either remain unemployed or take up jobs that are not related to their field.
While addressing the issue of underemployment he asked students to acquire knowledge beyond the textbooks and become an inventor. He correlated invention with design and asked students to take up design related courses to become market ready.
After the briefing on industry update the quiz was conducted by Mr. Kumar Vivek, Assistant Manager, and Mr. Ranjit, Executive CADD Center.
The round 1 of the competition (quiz) consisted of 30 multiple choice questions in General Knowledge, General Math and Aptitude in the written format. The duration of the quiz was 30 minutes.
The quiz competition inspired students to be well - equipped not only in their particular field of study but also in other areas of learning and awareness.
Mr. Kumar Vivek, Assistant Manager, CADD Center, informed that after the results of Round I is declared, further rounds will be conducted in the following format:
- Round 2 - Centre Level: Engineering Concepts Round
- Round 3 - Regional Level: Engineering Facts Round
- Round 4 - National Level: Engineering Facts Round
- Round 5 — Grand Finale: Engineering Facts Round
The Rewards for the Winners are as follows:
- First Prize - $ 1000 for the team + winner trophy for the college + certificates
- Second Prize - $ 500 for the team + a trophy for the college + certificates
- Third Prize - $ 250 for the team + a trophy for the college + certificates
- Regional Level Winner - Rs. 10,000 for the team + certificates